Monday, February 7, 2011

Twilight's Last Reaming

I didn't watch the Superbowl. I never do. I did watch Christina Aguilera destroy the National Anthem however. Look, forgetting the words... it happens. As a professional singer myself, I've forgotten words to songs I wrote and had to make up stuff on the spot. It's not that big a deal, and Miss Aguilera did so seamlessly. I have to admit, I didn't even notice she flubbed the words. What I take issue with is the pop / rnb vocal style used.

I know what she was thinking. She was thinking, "OMG, the national anthem is all, like, boring and stuff. I have to mix it up and make it, like, not so boring." She has fans and all. But the National Anthem is not supposed to be entertaining. It's a symbol of national pride... of what it means to be an American... of our forefathers that fought and died defending our fledgling nation win our independence and freedom.

No comments:

Post a Comment